Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

1.10 - EXTRA! From the journal of Maura Reinhard

This gem is on the rift official website with additional information about the plane of death.  It's short, so I wont include a cut to more for this.

We lived at the heart of where the Shade appeared, my husband, my two sons and I. We tried to flee, but the land was dead in every direction. The undead beasts of the rifts did not slaughter us, but watched with hollow eyes, as if they knew. As if they knew.

My sons changed, skin tight over bones, and so pale I could see down to their dear hearts. Their father recoiled from them, but I could not. By night, they would tell me how alien everything seemed, how strange it was that father’s chest rose and fell as he slept, while ours did not. We decided to open him up and see why. My boys and I did not leave the shaded lands, but no matter how many people we open up, we can never remember how to breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment