Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Oh what a small break can do to story flow

Hello fellow inhabitants of Telara and welcome to anyone who has not yet made Telara their home.

This week's episode will be delayed until at least tomorrow.  I wanted to put this out there incase you were waiting to see what happends to Anneleigh next.  Also, you may notice that last week's episode was an EXTRAs feature.   They share a common thread, so, I might as well come clean about the delay. *looks around sheepishly*


Those of you who know me in game may remember I have a High Elf named Anneliese, my first, and, to this point only, level 50.  Around this time last year she was happily questing on her way to 50 or had just recently reached that peak; It was also around this time I decided I wanted to share her story.  However, not having the idea sooner, I did not make notes as I played through.  I could have looked them up - I'm sure they are on Zam - but that would have required a lot of knowledge on the quest flow that I did not have.

Enter Anneleigh. ((Who is now a Dwarf of the Mithril Shild.  If you message me in game and wonder why I'm shorter))  I decided to redo the High Elf rogue story, taking screen captures as I went.  "Why", you ask?  "Why screen captures?"   It seemed the easiest option.  I could quest along quickly and read the quest text back as I wrote. 

So there she goes.  Happily questing along taking the screen shots.  December hits and life decides "You are not playing Rift for a while."   Let's just say ... when a church owns your home (we rented from them) you do not dream of, or prepair for, "We want to give this house to someone else.  You have one month to move."   *does a double take* It even sounds horrible after living through it.

That "little bump" happened right around now in Anneleigh's story.  I have run out of screen captures.  But all hope is not lost.  I am almost caught up and can have those screen caps back on track within the weekend. 




Would have been sooner but, let's face it, sometimes fun happens.  I mean, put yourself in my shoes.  Would you rather quest all lonely in Gloamwood OR would you want to explore - swimming all the way out to an unknown land mass (we were about 30 seconds away from hitting the glass wall when we died).. and THEN spend the next 2 hours running around as ghosts checking things out.  Did you know the ocean floor of Telara  actually has a texture map.  and most of it is so shallow but some so deep you cannot even see the tops of the cliffs.  I do.. I know that now.


Healing through fatigue is not recommended for players under 50.   Max, one of my new friends in the Mithril Shild, may have made it all the way if he wasn't trying to heal me too.  Max - (fictional) title unlocked "heals through fatigue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment