Pages

Saturday 5 May 2012

Letter from the Writer

Dear Reader,

This marks the end of another chapter in Anneleigh's story.  Though I plan to have her visit Sanctum next week, it will be more of an introduction to the Capital than a pure storyline addition.  After the Sanctum piece, we will be heading to Gloamwood.

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter.  It's been very exciting to write, even if it was tricky in someplaces.  As all writers know, sometimes your characters take you places you didn't expect.  And as a reader, I hate to read repetition in action or deed.  Therefor, my efforts to avoid Anneleigh killing each foe and picking up important plot points from every dead body, I ran into a few sticky situations in story continuity.  Pair that with my personal need to stick as close to the game writing provided and you can see where I'd run into trouble.    The story of Anneleigh in the Palisade was particularly tricky.  (Go back and have a read over knowing this and you'll find the spot I went... "Oh shoot.. Now what.  AHHA!")

I look forward to diving into Gloamwood.  Gloamwood was the first "zone" I played through after deciding to make this blog.  Therefor I took quite a few more screenshots and was careful to turn off my UI more often. 

On another note, I have recently decided to open this blog to submissions.  If you would like your work featured on Anneleigh Ascended, please note the following:




1. Please keep your stories to a similar style as this blog.  In other words, fan fiction, roleplaying storlines and similar.  Also, stories must be suitable for all ages.

2. Please keep your submissions short.  I'm not looking for stories that will continue over the course of many weeks.  1, maybe 2 weeks tops.  If you feel your story would be better in two parts, please send both halves so I can see the full story.

3. The over all feeling I'd like is stories that accent and fill gaps I cannot include in Anneleigh's story.  So, for now, Accents only.  Also, please keep your stories to Mathosia or Silverwood only.  This will help with the trickery plot points like "Only one ascended was returned after the shade".  That's how the game shows it, but of course, we were all ascended the same way.  Though, come to think of it, a story about an ascended who actually lived through the 20 years between the shade and the present day would be very interesting. *ponders*

* I appologize to the Defiant among us who have wonderful ideas for a defiant storyline.  I will get there, I promise.  Though, seeing as it has taken me 6 months to get to the end of Silverwood, maybe not for a couple of years. I'm SORRY!  I will review defiant storylines that fit into silverwood somehow.

4. Please follow the lore of Rift and, if possible, the actual wording of the quest text.   The writers of Rift work hard to bring their world to life.  I feel its only right to use their words whereever possible.  This also helps to keep the characters consistant and to be certain we have enterpreted the story as they wrote it.

5. Pictures - Not required, but always nice.  If you have a screenshot you'd like to use, send it along with your story submission. I prefer to edit them to match the existing images of the site, but if there is something you'd like to feature, make a note for me.  If you don't have screenshots, I have LOTS.  I can find one that works.


So, if you have a great idea for a story to tell more of the Wanton's in Silverwood, to see another side of Quicksilver College, to learn about the unusual creatures or any other area of the Silverwood experience that I've glossed over, I'd like to hear it.


A few more notes on the legal stuff. 

I'll reserve the right to decide who's story I publish.  No hard feelings if I feel yours wont fit.  I'll make the judgement on when in time I'll publish your story and send you a note on the day.  I will not be giving my blogger password and allowing you to upload/update.  Sorry.

 I also need your approval to edit the story for grammar.  Usually this wont be a problem, but just fair warning.  If at any time you would like to edit or remove your story, please email me; You will always retain ownership of your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment